Friday, April 11, 2008

Big Top






























We got tickets to the Ringlin Brothers Barnum and Bailey circus and took Ian and Colton to their first circus visit. Ian really liked it. Colton, not so much. Ian's favorite parts was anything with the animals and also the 5 motorcycles in the steel globe. He really was fascinated with all the stunts. I'm just worried it has put ideas in his head. As you can see in the last photo, he's thinking hard as to how he can hang his sheets from his bedroom window to recreate the trapeze. Quick story of our drive back home. We punched in "home" on our magellan. Since we were driving from Jersey we knew we were bound to get lost. To our surprise, the shortest time home was going through Manhattan. What? That seems so asinine. Needless to say we had to go through the Lincoln Tunnel to turn around. So it was an $8 toll, making it the most expensive U turn we've experienced. My frustration soon disappeared when we see the lights and the hecticness of the city. I still get a tickle in my stomach when I see Manhattan. It reminded me of when Taylor and I came to NYC on our first anniversary and I pretty much begged him to transfer to NYU so that we could live here. I told him I would just be happy living here for a few years. Granted, when I made this request the existence of my two little treasures was yet to come. The city is quite different when you have small children and rent to pay. Albeit, I still love this place. Thanks babe for making my dreams come true!!!

2 comments:

Griffeth Family said...

FUN!!! We have also done the tunnel ride turn-around, such a great value for $8!!

Biddle Family said...

Hey Susan! I found your blog... i actually don't know how.. It is great to see you & what a fun adventure living on the east coast... you are a brave woman.. I have never been there but every time I want to go my mom says " I don;t think you want to take you kids there" What's that all about? Your boys are adorable and looks like life is great for you! What a small world Kristen & Chris are great friends of ours & I used to babysit for them all the time.. they lived in my parents ward.
Well longest post ever! We'll have to hang out if you ever come back to visit AZ